Downloading and Installing Direct
Fax Print Utility
To install the latest version of
Direct Fax Print Utility, follow these steps:
The installation program will create new folders
on your Hard Drive to be used by the Direct Fax Print Utility and
to hold the generated TIFF image files.
Note: The Direct Fax Print Utility and the Fax
Service Utility 4 may not co-exist on the same computer. Thus, if
the Fax Service Utility 4 is currently resident it must be uninstalled.
- The installation will be performed in
- The Direct Fax Print Utility will be downloaded
and saved on your hard disk.
- Then the InstallShield application will
guide the download and installation of Direct Fax Print Utility.
- Using your internet browser application
(such as Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator), select one
of the following software download installation links for your
- Once you have selected your operating system,
click the link. You will want to choose either "Run this
program from its current location" or "Save this program
- If you wish to run the installer immediately,
it is better to choose "Run this program from its current
location". This will give a Save screen, where you can select
the destination folder for the software installer.
- Once downloaded, you need to go to that file
and open the .exe file. This will start the installing process
for the Direct Fax Print Utility.
the Direct Fax Print Utility you must first uninstall the current
Uninstalling Direct Fax Print
Uninstalling Direct Fax Print Utility
is done by the following procedure:
- Go to the Start Menu and go to Settings and
then Control Panel
- Open Add/Remove Programs
- Select DirectFax, this will open the uninstaller.
If you get a message that some files are used for other applications.
Click "Yes to all."
- After the Uninstaller is complete go to the
Start Menu to Settings to Printers. Delete the DirectFax Printer.
Note: Manually deleting the Printer is required
if you plan on reinstalling the Direct Fax Print Utility.